Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Epsilon Omicron Omega Scholarship
January 17, 2021 - March 31, 2021
7 awards of:
This scholarship hasn’t been launched yet. We’ll remind you when it's open for applications.
The 2021 scholarship has been closed. Leave us your email and we'll update you when/if the scholarship has been opened up.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® is the oldest Greek-letter organization established by college-educated African American women. On January 15, 1908, this illustrious organization was founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C. To trace its history is to tell a remarkable story in America, spanning more than a century.
In the spirit of our rich history, the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® Epsilon Omicron Omega Chapter is pleased to announce its annual scholarship. This scholarship will be awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, leadership, and character. The selection process for semifinalists will include a virtual interview and workshop attendance.
- Applicants may be any female classified senior graduating from an accredited high school in Connecticut.
- Applicant must have permanent residence in the Greater Hartford or Middletown area.
- Applicant must be applying to and/or accepted to an accredited 4-year college or university. Proof of full-time enrollment in a 4-year college or university must be provided in both fall and spring semesters to receive half of their award for the term registered, respectively. Community College enrollment forfeits scholarship award. Such forfeiture is not transferable.
- Applicant must hold a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants with immediate family who are members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® are not eligible for consideration, regardless of their current family member’s status in the Sorority. Immediate family is defined as mother, step-mother, grandmother, or adoptive parent.